Sunday, September 21, 2008

Friend Connection

Over the past few months I have been reunited with several great friends! What's nice is that the friendships continue to grow though we don't see each other regularly. Miles (sometimes oceans) and busy schedules have kept us apart, however, we have made time to reconnect and stay fresh with all the happenings in each other's lives.

Kay and Jon visited from England this summer. I met Kay when I was just 19 while visiting a Young Life camp in upstate NY (Lake Champion) where my sister was on staff for the summer. We became instant friends. I love my British "bird" from across the pond! And she loves her American Girl. Speaking of love, Charlotte loved her husband, Jon. Such a fun visit! Next time we'll come to you, okay?




I also got to have dinner in Columbia with my high school pal, Jo, right before she jetted off to Italy where she will study design in Florence for a few months. Here we are outside of P.F. Changs. Mmmm lettuce wraps. I miss you, Jo!



Last week I had dinner with another friend since high school, Krysten. She just bought a house in her hometown of Annapolis, however, over the past few years she has lived in both Alabama and Germany...so I am thrilled to have her back in Maryland. I especially love her for getting Charlotte the massively huge pink stuffed bunny for her 1st birthday, which she still adores to this day!



My latest friend connection happened last Friday. Theresa and her son, Anthony (14 mos), came up from Florida to visit family. On her way to PA to see her sister, she popped in for a playdate. I met her through my sister when they were in college at UMBC, and Theresa has lived all over as well. Japan was the most recent station (her husband flies helos for the Navy) - so actually, she was the furthest from me! I am also happy to have her back in the states, even if she is down south. Anthony and Charlotte had fun playing together. Surreal to see us with our little ones!




So, if anyone else wants to reconnect, we are open and ready! We love having visitors and I always enjoy dinner with my girlfriends.

4 comments:

Theresa is... said...

aww...what great pics! It was so awesome to see you and Charlotte...hopefully it won't be too long before we see you again!

Anonymous said...

How fun, Becks! Can't wait for our reunion in October! :)

jdeneal said...

I miss you my friend and look forward to more fun times ahead! Thanks for your prayers and support!

o u r g r o w i n g f a m i l y . F o r H i s G l o r y said...

I am so behind and catching up on your fun blogs! You are good at keeping a documentary of such sweet memories. Thanks for sharing them with us. You have awesome friends just as you are a treasured friend!