Wednesday, September 9, 2009

Magnifico!

The celebration continued the weekend after my birthday. Chris took me to Aldo's in Little Italy (a favorite spot for us) and we enjoyed exquisite southern Italian cuisine.





For the food lovers who read this blog: We started with escargots and shiitake mushrooms sautéed in lemon-garlic butter with puff pastry borsetta.


Then I had a caprese tower with fresh mozzarella di bufala (air-shipped from Campania, Italy). Chris had a Caesar.


For dinner, I ordered fettuccine with diced Maine lobster in tomato-cream rosé sauce. Chris ordered wood fire grilled swordfish with saffron and risotto infused mashed potatoes and wilted spinach.


Dessert was on the house for me! Caramelized open faced apple torte and Chris enjoyed Belgian chocolate cake.


Needless to say we left stuffed and satisfied! It was fun to indulge a little for my special day. You simply MUST visit Aldo's next time you are in Little Italy. Perfection!

2 comments:

Krista said...

I love that: "Chris had a Ceasar." That's definitely Jarrett's style. He wouldn't touch escargots with a 10 foot pole though.

Beck said...

Krista, that is funny! I think Chris and Jarrett would be buddies for sure. Any chance you will move up north soon? ;)