Tuesday, June 9, 2009

Project {PAINT}

I told you I hadn't forgotten!

Makeover #2 - Painting the first floor

Once upon a time you could find more color in my home than in a Crayola box. That worked for me 5.5 years ago, but I was longing for a neutral palette. My mom - a rock star painter - is helping me redo all my first floor walls. Goodbye mustard living room, farewell eggplant dining room, se la vie raspberry kitchen nook! We are knocking it out room by room and so far, so good!

BEFORE - Living Room from a long time ago with our old furniture:



AFTER:



I am in love with the Ballard Designs mirror that Chris gave me for Valentine's Day. We also have since banished the clunker big screen to the basement, moved furniture around and replaced the old TV with a new LED flat screen (that will eventually be wall-mounted). Eco-friendly, to boot! And my mother-in-law gave us that gorgeous cream wool rug that she no longer needed at the beach condo. Score! I think it will look so chic when we finally replace the floors. Right now it does a perfect job disguising the awful Berber carpet. Alas, another project...



Next projects to tackle with the paintbrush? The kitchen and dining room - be on the look-out for those updates, too!

4 comments:

The Mitchells said...

love love love it!!!! I love how the grandmom's and family are all a part of your fun new home!!!! Beautiful!!!!

Mrs. Fix said...

Beck - it looks awesome! I agree, that mirror is fabulous. Thanks for posting pictures of your house! Maybe someday Rock and I will come see it in person! :)

Beck said...

Thanks, friends! xo

Courtney said...

Looks awesome! And I love that Yo Gabba Gabba is playing on the television!!!